Monday 5 March 2007

The mighty Prince

There was a King
who reaked havoc
upon command,
until a mighty Prince
made a stand.

For the nobility of his
birth he felt was nothing
until he'd proven
his worth.

Truth and justice
was still something
to defend,
and the power of a throne
was not fit for a King
whom would pretend.

So the mighty Prince
challenged the Royal tyrant
to defend his kingly right,
as the Prince
was prepared to fight.

But the King was a weak
and cowardly despot
who only wore the Crown,
and appeared more powerful
wearing his Royal gown.

He'd never fought a battle before,
and wept and fell
suddenly to the floor.

The Mighty Prince
said you are no King,
and can't even imagine
all your subject's
misery and suffering.

Abdicate now
or killing you
will be my vow.

I do not want to
stain my sword
with the treachery
of your blood,
or for other's to
fight and die for you
in foreign mud.

The king knew by now
that he must do or die,
if he fought
was it worth the try.

He turned to the Prince
and said I am a tyrant
as have been many King's
before me,
now there is something
you shall witness and see.

The King pulled out his sword
and ferociously fought his way,
as no ambitiously minded Prince
was going to rule the day.

The mighty Prince lunged
and into his stomach
the King's sword plunged.

The King looked at him firmly
and said now you know I am
not weak,
for you personal gain
it's the power of the throne
you seek.

My enemies are many
and there are plenty
who'd plunge
a dagger into my back,
that is why towns and cities
I sack.

I'd rather be a bad King
than not one at all,
but just like many I've
had my rise and fall.

But now you have created
a curious twist of fete,
that I still have it within me
to be just and great.

The Prince's stomach wounded
but with time it would heal,
slowly to the ground
upon bended knee he
began to kneel.

The King the next day
issued a proclamation,
that once again there would
be liberty for all throughout
the nation.

The amibitions of one
so young in years
can be hard to convince,
but it takes time
to truly be a just King
or a mighty Prince.

No comments: