Monday 9 July 2012

The Borth Circuit

Yesterday, I did a 28 mile Bike ride circuit from the Town of Aberystwyth, to Borth and on to Ynyslas. From there, I cycled back up to the A487.

I don't like Sundays, and often consider them to be boring, but I do enjoy a Sunday Bike ride. They've often turned out to be pleasant for me. Even when I attended Church years ago, and got into cycling, my Mind wasn't on worship, but getting out on my Bike a.s.a.p.

Instead of cycling the steep Penglais Hill that heads up to the University, I rode along part of the Rheidol Cycle Track, and through the Industrial Estate, where I met up with the main A44 Trunk road. 

At Lovesgrove I turned left and followed the road to Bow Street. This route adds a few extra miles, but I chose to do it that way, so to avoid riding up steep Hills straight away. I usually need a few miles before facing those kind of challenges.


It was a gorgeous sunny Summer Day, when I reached Borth. I sat down on a Bench to eat an Orange, and a couple of Cookies for energy. It was so pleasant, I really didn't want to move, as I was beginning to relax.


I saw somebody swim in the Sea. Rather them than me, as the Sea surface temperature at the moment is only 57 degree's Fahrenheit. 


Cycling a couple of miles on the flat to Ynyslas was nice. I then turned right and looked over to the picturesque views of Aberdovey and the Mountains of Snowdonia.


I don't know why, but for some reason cycling along that road, close to the Dovey Estuary then over a Bridge with a small River underneath, reminds me of cycling in Holland. Even though your surrounded by Hills and Mountains, that particular area makes me think of a Dutch landscape.


I stopped in various places to take Photographs, then met up with the A487 again, where a sign said 9 miles to Aberystwyth.


I can't say I enjoy riding along that road. The scenery is stunning, but it does get busy with Vehicles. There's also not a lot of places to stop for a cyclist. There are sections which become Bike Paths, but most of the time your riding at your own risk.


I found it quite amusing when I got back to Bow Street. I found a Bench, and decided to stop for Lunch. Two cyclists on Racing Bikes passed me and looked over in my direction. I wondered if they were thinking, why has he stopped? The reason for thinking that way is some people can be highly competitive on their two Wheeled Steeds. I ride at my own pace, and if I need a break, I'll stop and take one.


It was an enjoyable ride, and I enjoyed the Day.

 

No comments: